I have focused on sharing the journey, but today I am sharing the results! I will list the patterns used, fabrics, and share a few days of outfits. I just used my phone camera and collage app to make these, so its not going to win any photography awards 😀 Its just for my own organization and documentation purposes. (#usewhatyouhave and start now).
I didn’t set a number for myself because in the past that has sabotaged my task-oriented brain. I just made a list of what I want to wear and sewed it up over a couple months. It came out to be 5 tops, 3 bottoms, and 1 completer.
** I have included the wardrobe pieces I pulled to be part of the overall capsule in the following grids.**
- **Mandy Boat Tee, stripe jersey (given to me)
- Stellan Tee, white jersey (thrifted), embroidered by hand
- Stellan Tee, coral jersey (thrifted)
- Sorbetto top, navy silk blend (given to me)
- Willow tank, Riley Blake metallic quilting cotton (Fabricland)
- Ogden cami, floral crepe (given to me)
- **Dotted midi skirt, RTW, Thrifted
- **Olive midi skirt, RTW, Thrifted
- Dawn Jeans, 11 oz Cone mills denim with stretch, (Spool & Spindle)
- Morgan Jeans, rigid white denim, (given to me)
- Sasha trousers with cargo hack, olive ponte knit (Fabricland)
- **Denim jacket, RTW, thrifted
- ** Chambray shirt pattern from Love to Sew Magazine, chambray (Fabric Market California)
- Cropped Fulton Sweater blazer , thick scuba knit (given to me)
- ** Blackwood cardigan, Rayon Cashmere (Dressew)
Here is 5 days of outfits that were SO easy to put together, and I still haven’t even scratched the surface of options!
I have already begun planning the Spring “expansion” module (just in time for #thegreatmodulesewalong on Instagram, hosted by TomKat Stitchery and Carla Mayfield , and planning feels easy this time around. I am having a lot of fun! I’m sure that it is partly because I now have plenty of outfits and am not feeling so intimidated by the project!
I hope that this series has given you some inspiration and taken the pressure off making a cohesive collection of garments- that you will love to wear. Thank you so much for reading, commenting, messaging, and I’ll be back here in the Spring!